Our DEI efforts are focused on making positive changes not only within the firm, but also in the broader communities in which we live and work.
Culture is the key to our success
Our people shape everything we do—from establishing deep sector expertise and relationships to helping great companies grow and scale. We’re specialists who operate at a high level and believe that an open mind and collaborative spirit are the keys to success.
We’re an ambitious and growing firm
- Our team has raised $35 billion of equity capital, with a portfolio that includes start-ups bringing new technologies to market, mid-stage companies eager to scale and long-established businesses with the opportunity to expand their reach.
We move beyond “thesis driven” investing
- Associates gain the opportunity to develop deep expertise in identified sector opportunities (ISOs).
THL is an established technology investor
- We believe we’re the first firm with a dedicated automation fund and a long history as a technology investor.
Associate Life at THL
We make a difference from Day One
- All team members work on the front lines alongside senior leaders over the full life cycle of a deal—from sourcing and diligence to value creation and exit.
We invest in professional development
- Associates participate in special programs tailored to help them hone their professional skills and build an industry network.
Build your career, live your life
- Team members enjoy a hybrid work schedule at home and in the office, plus several weeks of work-from-anywhere flexibility. Our office is equipped with a full cafeteria that serves two delicious meals each day, and an on-site gym with a full-time fitness trainer.
A culture committed to diversity, equity and inclusion
Our commitment to doing well by doing right includes ensuring THL is a place where all employees—and those who invest and partner with us—are valued.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are among our firm’s core commitments. That’s why we’ve forged and expanded partnerships with organizations such as Sponsors for Educational Opportunity’s (SEO) Alternative Investment Fellowship Program, Synergist Network and HBS Women In Investing to help increase diversity within our candidate pipeline. Our co-CEOs, Scott Sperling and Todd Abbrecht, have signed onto the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ Pledge—focused on driving a measurable and meaningful advancement of DE&I in the workplace.
We sponsor a variety of firmwide initiatives, such as an employee-led DE&I committee, firm-wide training led by external DE&I professionals and seminars on implicit bias. We also extend DE&I educational offerings to our portfolio companies.